Lion's Share by Rachel Vincent

First of all, I'd like to state out that I have been waiting for this book very much. This was becaose I liked the pairing from the minute I heard about it, but more importantly, because I wanted Jace to have a HEA. I was so sad for him at the end of the Shifters storyline. Though I have to admit I still think that Faythe chose well. And I still don't like love triangles, I just don't believe in them, so to say. But I wanted Jace to be happy.
But let's get to the point without any spoilers. So I loved this story in general, the plot, the turnabouts and most of the characters. I loved how Abby's past trauma has been handled in it, how it showed that's not such a thing that gets forgotten easily - I have read stories like that - but that time actually went by and things changed. Without spoilering anyone, I really liked for example Abby and Jace's first real make-out session, the things Jace said and done.
I also liked Abigail's shrewdness, how she found a way to outwit everyone for the sake of her cause. Though I can't wholly agree with her causes and her behavior. I just don't get why was it so very important to keep her secret even when this way she hurt people she claimed she loved, again and again. I get why she thought that would be better, but I think she just wasn't right, especially because months has passed.
Besides this, I didn't like Melody, Jace's little sister. Seriously. What the hell is wrong with that girl? She's so selfish and bitchy that she can't even bear it if she's not the topic of every word. Ok, tabbies are pampered and important in this world, but there has to be an end to the childishness. And I don't get why everyone was like: *shrug* '(view spoiler) ... will surely change her.' So you don't even have to try to upring your child the right way, just have to wait for some kind of big change and ooh la la, everything is solved? Sorry, but I just don't get it.
It would have also been a little better if Jace had some more moments of power, and less moments of brooding about the right things to do. I know that the rules are strict and an Alpha's life is not easy, but still.
This is why I support their idea with the wild cats very much, anyway. It's time to get out of the archaic time. Can't wait for what the future books bring in that matter.
I'm glad for visiting some old characters and the glimpses into their everyday life, with their kids.
Another plus point for the 'getting over Faythe' storyline. Saved us from a lot of another brooding time. And I loved how he realized that it was nothing compared to his feelings for Abby. The runner-up feeling is never good. I just loved their chemistry and passion.
These are just some things I would have liked to mention. As I wrote, I really liked this book all in all, but there were some things that kept me from giving it 5 whole stars.
Either way, I'm very curious about what comes next!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poetic Review - The Wrath by Gena Showalter

Poetic Review - Heartless by Gena Showalter

Poetic Review - Legacy of Temptation by Larissa Ione